1/ The Trump administration released the financial disclosures for White House staff. Here's the tl;dr. (New York Times)
- Bannon made between $1.3 and 2.3 million last year.
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner still benefit from their real estate empires. (New York Times)
- Gary Cohn, a former Goldman executive, is among the wealthiest White House employees.
- Kellyanne Conway made over $800,000 from her consulting firm.
2/ Kushner’s privileged status stokes resentment among White House staff. Colleagues question if he is capable of following through on his commitments, complaining that he dabbles in a myriad issues and walks in and out of meetings. (Politico)
3/ Trump tweets at NBC to stop covering the "phony" story about Russian interference in the election. It's not clear what set Trump off, but he wants NBC News to devote more attention to the unproven claim that Obama spied on him. (The Hill)
When will Sleepy Eyes Chuck Todd and @NBCNews start talking about the Obama SURVEILLANCE SCANDAL and stop with the Fake Trump/Russia story?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 1, 2017
It is the same Fake News Media that said there is "no path to victory for Trump" that is now pushing the phony Russia story. A total scam!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 1, 2017
4/ The White House is exploring a reorganization to stabilize the administration consumed by crisis and chaos. Following the failure to advance the health care legislation, Pence, Priebus, Kushner, Bannon, and chief economic adviser Gary Cohn gathered held post-mortems about what went wrong. (Politico)
- Trump’s White House struggles to get out from under the Russia controversy. Aides have expressed frustration at their inability to gain control of the narrative. (Washington Post)
5/ Trump skipped out on signing two executive orders after a reporter asked about Michael Flynn. Pence tried to persuade Trump to return to his desk, where the orders remained unsigned. Instead, Trump made a gesture to Pence to gather the orders. Trump signed the orders out of sight of the media. (Huffington Post)
Become a member.
Help keep WTF Just Happened Today going with a small donation.